{Three best friends sharing health and wellness ideas to create a positive change}

Monday, March 10, 2014

Easy and Healthy Lunch Ideas: Turkey Pesto Wrap and Spinach and Brown Rice Salad








Thank you for reading ThreeHealthyMommas! Our blog has recently moved over to Wordpress due to complications with blogger format. Please head on over to our new blog and check it out!

 ThreeHealthyMommas.wordpress.com


If you are not automatically redirected, please click here

















If you are anything like me, I often struggle at choosing what to eat for lunch. These are really simple and quick ideas, they taste great, and best of all they are super healthy! 

Turkey Pesto Wrap
What you will need: 
100% Whole wheat tortilla
Pesto (I use Classico Traditional Basil Pesto...so good)
Turkey Breast
Optional: Provolone Cheese (I have had it with cheese and without and both are good. If you want to cut out some calories, cut out the cheese:) ) 
Spinach 
1/4 of an Avocado
Any other veggies you want! Load it up with different veggies! On this wrap, I used tomatoes and banana peppers along with my avacado and spinach. 

Spread a very small amount (about a teaspoon) of pesto spread onto the tortilla. Add a few slices of turkey breast. Add cheese. Cut the avocado into thin slices and add. Add spinach and other veggies. I sprinkle a little sea salt and pepper on top of the vegetables. Roll up and eat! 

Spinach and Brown Rice Salad
What you will need: (I don't measure any of this, I just put however much I want on it:) ) 
2 big handfuls of spinach 
Brown rice
Black beans
Tomatoes
Avocado
Any other veggies you want to add


Assemble all ingredients and enjoy! I put the rice on while it is still warm...sounds weird, but it actually gives variety to the salad and is really good! This salad is really yummy with a touch of balsamic vinaigrette dressing.

Have a great Monday and I hope you enjoy these lunch ideas!

-McKell

No comments:

Post a Comment