{Three best friends sharing health and wellness ideas to create a positive change}

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Easy and Healthy Weeknight Dinner Idea








Thank you for reading ThreeHealthyMommas! Our blog has recently moved over to Wordpress due to complications with blogger format. Please head on over to our new blog and check it out!

 ThreeHealthyMommas.wordpress.com

If you are not automatically redirected, please click here


















I am always looking for quick and easy dinner ideas for my family. These paninis are one of my "go to" recipes during the week. They are so yummy and are actually one of my husbands favorite things for dinner, and my 1 year old eats them too!

You can totally modify these to your taste, but here is my favorite:



2 pieces 100% whole wheat bread
Hummus
Avocado (I smash it up a little first and use it as a spread, otherwise the avocado tends to slide out)
Sliced tomato
Sliced turkey breast or your choice of meat (or if you prefer, you can leave the meat off)
Cucumber slices
Provolone cheese
Spinach

Spread hummus on one side of a piece of bread and avocado spread on the other. Place all other ingredients on bread and cook on a George Foreman grill until hot and toasted.
*Side note: I do not use any butter or spray on the outside of the bread, it doesn't need it.

I also made these oven roasted vegetables to go on the side. Aren't they pretty? FYI, the recipe is huge so I cut it way down since it is just the 3 of us.

I hope you enjoy these!

How often do you cook dinner for your family during the week?
Do you have a weekly planning menu?

-Jaeme

2 comments:

  1. Great idea on the avocado, mine ALWAYS slides out! Plan on making a little extra on those veggies, I ate a bunch of them raw while I was making it, delicious! YUM, with foods this good it's easier to eat healthy! Love all three of you girls tips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah try that, it works way better with the avocado! I ate the rest of the veggies the next day, they were very good!

      Delete