{Three best friends sharing health and wellness ideas to create a positive change}

Thursday, February 27, 2014

15 Minute Interval Workout








Thank you for reading ThreeHealthyMommas! Our blog has recently moved over to Wordpress due to complications with blogger format. Please head on over to our new blog and check it out!

 ThreeHealthyMommas.wordpress.com


If you are not automatically redirected, please click here




















One of my favorite workouts is interval training. It keeps your heart rate up and allows you to burn more calories in less amount of time.

This particular workout has 5 different exercises that you will repeat 3 times through. The intervals will be 50 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of rest for 15 rounds. It does not sound very long or hard but trust me if you are pushing yourself you will be burned out at the end. These 5 exercises are to target your whole body so you will get an all over workout.





(sorry I sound so congested and sniffle in the movie. haha I can not get over this cold.)

Set your timer for 2 intervals of 50 and 10 for 15 rounds and get ready to work (I have downloaded a free app called "Gymboss" that I use as my timer)

1. Jump Squat with Side Kick out. (If the jump squat is to difficult then do a regular squat)

10 seconds of rest

2. Push up with Spider Knee to the side. (If you can't do push ups from your feet drop to your knees)

10 seconds of rest

3. Toe Touch abs (Try and have both legs off the ground the whole time for hardest version)

10 seconds of rest

4. 10 Mountain Climbers with 10 Crab Jumps (Take out the jump during the crab jumps to make easier)

10 seconds of rest

5. Triceps Pushup with Jump out and in (Do pushup from your knees to make easier)

Remember to use good posture and form throughout the entire workout. It is better to do each exercise slower and use correct form then to speed through and have bad form. Always make sure your shoulders are back and down, your abs are contracted and that your knees never go over your toes. Good luck with the workout and have fun! :)

-Shauna

2 comments:

  1. That looks like a great workout, I want to try this! I love the video, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I'm just replying to your comment. I just noticed it. But thanks so much, I'm glad you liked the video. I hope you tried and liked the workout also. Thanks for being such a big supporter.
      -Shauna :)

      Delete